We meet every Sunday morning at 531 Roselane Street, Marietta, GA 30060
First hour: 9:45 – 10:15 am
Family Worship: Children’s and Family Service
Songs, scripture, and a short lesson for families with children and young adults. Parents remain with their children during this time. We meet in the sanctuary for songs and scripture, and a short preview of the day’s Bible story so parents can hear what their children will learn during Kid Connection.
9:45 – 10:05 am: Worship, Bible time, and lesson preview in the sanctuary
Students meet at 9:45 am in our student chapel for a time of fellowship and discussion.
Second hour: 10:30-11:45
Main Service / Worship
- Typically 6th grade and older
- Children 5th grade and below are in classes for an interactive lesson, activities, and free play.
What our services look like:
- Our service runs about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. We sing several songs, pray, and hear from the Scriptures. We then sing several songs during communion toward the end of our service. We serve communion each week.
- The Sunday worship service is typically for grades 6th and up.
- Our worship style is a mix of acoustic hymns and praise songs. We place a low emphasis on frills, and value simplicity, but desire to provide a genuine worship experience of peace, celebration, and awe of God’s goodness to us.
- The Lord’s Supper (or Communion) is the universal sacrament shared by all who follow Jesus Christ. The word sacrament means “sacred moment.” We celebrate Communion in each of our worship services as a reminder of what God has done for us in and through Jesus. Participation is voluntary, based on each person’s examination of the faith in his or her own heart. We don’t pass the elements down the rows, so no one notices if you choose not to get up and partake.
- Wear whatever is comfortable to you, both jeans or suits are appropriate.
- Lastly, we recognize that a church formed by the Gospel of Jesus is full of sinners who are in the process of being redeemed. That means our church is messy. But the knowledge of God’s love ought to also make us humble, patient with each other, constantly forgiving and asking forgiveness, and expecting to see God at work among us to heal and restore.
Attending Our Service:
- You don’t have to do or say anything you don’t want to do. Of course, be considerate of the group, but feel free to sit when others stand, be silent if you wish, and remain seated during communion if you desire.
- You have the right to ask questions. In fact, please ask questions. So, please write something on the comment/prayer card and drop it in the offering basket, talk to one of the regulars, or stick around to talk to the pastor.