- February 9 – 23 – Winter Community Service Project.
We are seeking donations for students in 9th – 12th grade at Marietta High School for our winter community service project. The donations will serve Marietta High School students that are in need of supplies and are unable to afford school lunch. Students will have access to the clothing closet and food pantry in the Student Life Center, and they will be able to take clothes, undergarments, hygiene supplies, and snacks when needed throughout the school day.
We are collecting the following items:
- Bar Soap
- Undergarments for males and females in any size
- Granola Bars
- Protein Bars
- Microwavable food items such as
- Easy mac (Packets)
- ***No canned goods, please***
While any donations are greatly appreciated, it has been requested that personal hygiene items be able to fit inside of a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. All donations will be sorted into discreet “care packages” that students can easily carry in their backpack or purse.
If you would like to purchase items through our Amazon Wish List and have items shipped directly to a church employee, please click here (shipping instructions are listed at the top of the wish list). If you would like to buy items that are a different brand or quantity, please bring your donation to church on Sunday morning. We will collect donations at church on February 9th, 16th, and 23rd.
- February 21-22 – Paul David Tripp Marriage Event. Pastor, marriage counselor, and best-selling author Dr. Paul David Tripp is coming to The Church of the Apostles in Atlanta on Friday, February 21st (7:00 – 9:30 PM), and Saturday, February 22nd (9:00 – 11:30 AM), for his only live marriage event in 2020. Tripp, who has been married for 48 years, will help you dream bigger, love better, and experience a deeper relationship with God and your spouse than ever before. Discover how to experience the marriage of your dreams – the one that God intended – by getting on the same page as the Bible! Click here to purchase tickets ($25 per person).
- February 25 – Open Prayer from 11 AM – 12 PM. On the third Tuesday of every month. This will simply be a time where we open the Sanctuary for prayer, turn on worship music, provide a prayer guide, and you can come and go as you please, praying as long as you desire. As well, there will always be someone present to pray for you if you are in need of prayer. It is our hope to provide a place for us to pray for one another and the work of the Spirit.
- February 28 – 29 – Student Ministry In-Town Retreat from 6PM on Friday, February 28th to 1:30PM on Saturday, February 29th. Our time together will include small group, worship, and games. All students in grades 6th – 12th are invited. RSVP to Audrey if your student plans to attend.
- March 3 – Women’s Prayer. The ladies of Redeemer are invited to join a prayer group that will meet on the first Tuesday of every month from 11 AM – 12 PM in the Sanctuary. If you have any questions, please contact our facilitator: Laura Joseph (email@example.com).
- March 4 – Membership Class. Our Membership Class is a required introductory class for those prayerfully considering church membership. The Membership Class is a two-hour gathering that meets at the church in the evening (no childcare provided). The congregation is notified of this gathering at least one month in advance in the bulletin and monthly e-newsletter. You will be asked to read over some material before attending so the time together can be spent on questions, concerns, and clarifications. You will be sent the reading material in an email after you RSVP.
- March 8 – Empty Nesters Lunch immediately following the service in the Student Chapel. RSVP to Davis Lee (or to join the mailing list for this group).
- March 17 – Open Prayer.
- March 20-21 – Annual Men’s Retreat. Fellowship, worship, and teaching in the north GA mountains on the evening of March 20th through the afternoon of the 21st. We will be staying in a lodge in Ellijay, GA. The cost is $100, which includes dinner, breakfast, and lodging. A sign-up sheet is available next to the coffee bar. Or email Sam to sign-up.
- April 21 – Open Prayer
- April 24 – Women’s Spring Dinner at 6:30 PM.
- May 19 – Open Prayer
- June 24 – Women’s Summer Worship Night at 6:30 PM.
- September 11-12 – Women’s Conference at Redeemer
- November 4 – Membership Class
- December 5 – Prepare Him Room – women’s Advent event at 10:30 AM.